Benefits of a Content Management System
The benefits of a content management system are numerous. The basic parameters are broken down into three major areas: design, content and structure. All three areas work independently. Having these three main areas allows for different advantages in each different category. The first main area, design, will allow you to completely change the look while keeping the content and structure the same. The next area, content, can be adjusted without the need for independent page changes to menus and so forth. And finally structure can be adjusted for functionality. The separation of these three areas provides for flexibility and a better website.
· Over all benefits to a standard html design.
· Faster maintenance / edit online from any location and most common browsers.
· No advanced need for coding structure for most minor tasks like basic page editing.
Simple page edits can be done without knowing HTML.
· Uniformity of design is kept intact due to the separation of the three areas.
· Page navigation is automatically generated on all pages.
· Cross linking is prevented and links will not point to a nonexistent page.
· Content is database driven.
· Dynamic content including polls, shopping carts, searching, news and advertising management.
· Faster to backup and update.
· Logs visits and allows for cooperation with different authors.
· Have automated scheduled tasks.
· Separate login’s and account levels and access.